This August Steiner men's collector's timepiece features a genuine Kennedy half dollar. A classy coin watch will make for a great addition to any coin enthusiast collection.
- Within hours of the assassination of John F. Kennedy on November 22, 1963, Mint Director Eva Adams called Chief Engraver Gilroy Roberts, informing him that serious consideration was being given to depicting Kennedy on one of the larger silver coins: either the silver dollar, half dollar, or quarter dollar. Adams called Roberts again on November 27 and authorized the project, stating that the late president's widow, Jacqueline Kennedy preferred that he be depicted on the half dollar, replacing the previous design of Benjamin Franklin. Kennedy's reasoning was that she did not want to replace George Washington on the quarter.
- Case: base metal, embossed Roman numeral bezel
- Case back: Stainless Steel, snap-down
- Dial: American Kennedy Half Dollar Coin dial
- Hands: black, hour, minute, sweeping second hand Markers: Arabic numeral
- Strap: Base metal silver tone
- Clasp: Push-button deployment
- Crystal: Mineral
- Crown: Push/pull
- Movement: Quartz
- Water resistance: Water resistant
- Case measurements: 41mm x 41mm x 12mm
- Bracelet measurements: 4mm x 8.5in
- Box measurements: 101mm x 101mm x 101mm
- Model number: CN004R
All measurements are approximate and may vary slightly from the listed dimensions.
Men's watch bands can be sized to fit 7.5-inch to 8.5-inch wrists.